OATA group professional liability insurance is part of the registration requirement for 2023 as a Member benefit.
Certified - Candidate
1. Click here for Membership Application
2. Membership application form will appear with mandatory fields.
3. Submit form to email@example.com. You will then receive an invoice according to your membership level.
4. Once the payment is done, you will receive an email with your PLI Certificate.
5. Contact the OATA for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome newly-certified to your chosen career as a health care professionals working within the filed of sport medicine.
Athletic Therapy has a proud history in Ontario where, thanks to a handful of visionary champions supported by the American NATA, started the profession from this province (click to history infographic). It's been 50 years!!
Athletic Therapy Ontario is proud to welcome you into the profession and is here to help you build your professional practice.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE
1. Login with your username and password and click on view profile
2. A Certified member who wishes to change their membership status to Inactive status must provide a petition to become inactive fax to (905) 946-1517 or e-mail at email@example.com
3. Proceed in updating your membership profile page. The mandatory registration renewal form will appear in your membership profile. Please complete prior to proceeding to payment. A member who by-passes the registration renewal form and proceeds to payment will not be deemed to have successfully completed the full registration renewal. Again, registration renewal is a two-step process. Both steps are mandatory. Payment without completion of the registration form is an incomplete renewal.
4. Confirm profile page information then click on the button “Update and next”. (An invoice will automatically be generated)
5. Confirm membership level amount then click on “Confirm and Proceed with Payment” with a credit card.
Credit card information must be identical to your mailing address on file with your credit card provider.
Note: There is a $50 fee associated with this petitioning process. Your petition will be reviewed by the OATA Secretary and the Board Members for approval. Please note that you will also be required to petition the Board again when reinstating. If that petition is approved by the Board the fee payable for reinstatement is $100. As well, a member may request inactive membership for no less than 6 months. You can be Inactive for up to 24 consecutive months only, unless individual circumstances apply. (The Association is not an employer so it does not offer Maternity or Paternity leave.) For reinstatement please fill out and send the OATA Petition for Reinstatement Inactive Form to the OATA secretary through the same process as inactive above.
Non payment of your membership dues means that you have voluntarily terminated your membership in the OATA.
Please be sure you have read the instructions and understand the potential impact of resignation.
Download the Voluntary Termination Form.
Complete the PDF Fillable form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By terminating membership in the OATA you surrender any rights to resume membership in the OATA at a future date.
Terms and Conditions of the OATA Membership
I understand that I must notify the Association in writing within fourteen days of any change of location of practice or principal location of practice, business name of practice, business telephone number, email address or principal residence.
I hereby certify that all statements I have made in all parts of this registration renewal form are true and complete. (Please note that submitting a renewal application that you know provides false or misleading information is professional misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.)
I acknowledge that it is professional misconduct to practise Athletic Therapy while holding Inactive certification or when suspended. I acknowledge that I cannot use the title Athletic Therapist (AT) while holding Inactive Certification or when suspended. I acknowledge it may be considered insurance fraud to treat someone as an Athletic Therapist during Inactive or suspended.
Government of Canada Line 212 - Annual union, professional, or like dues
You can claim the following amounts related to your employment that you paid (or that were paid for you and included in your income) in the year: